Definition – What are T20I points in the ICC?
T20I points in the ICC determine a team’s rating.
Rating is a team points ÷ number of matches.
On May 1st of each year, older points are dropped from a team’s points total.
Formula – How are T20I Points Calculated?
Point values of different scenarios:
Team A and Team B have ratings within 40 points of each other:
- Team A Win: Opponent’s Rating + 50
- Team A Tie: Opponent’s Rating
- Team A Lose: Opponent’s Rating – 50
Team A has a rating at least 40 more than Team B:
- Team A Win: Own Rating + 10
- Team A Tie: Own Rating – 40
- Team A Lose: Own Rating – 90
Team A has a rating at least 40 less than Team B:
- Team A Win: Own Rating + 90
- Team A Tie: Own Rating + 40
- Team A Lose: Own Rating – 10
Sources and more resources
Wikipedia – ICC T20I Championship – Wikipedia’s entry on the T20I Championship. Includes example chart of points.