Net exports are the total exports in an economy minus the total imports.
Net Exports = Total Exports – Total Imports
Exports are valued at $200,000 and imports are valued at $300,000.
Net Exports = $200,000 – $300,000 = $-100,000
Net exports are $-100,000.
- The World Bank Data – Export of goods and services (% of GDP) – Worldwide export data. Includes country-specific information.
- OECD Data – Trade in goods and services – Country data on trade.
- lostmy1 (YouTube) – Construction of an NX curve (net export curve) – a 5-minute video detailing how net exports is calculated.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis – Net Exports of Goods and Services – U.S. data on net exports.
- Wikipedia – List of countries by net exports – Country data on net exports.