What is Bowling Average?
It is intended to be a more accurate representation of a player’s abilities than only the total number of runs conceded or the total number of wickets taken alone, as it compares their number of hits with their relative time bowling.
Bowling Average = Runs Conceded / Wickets Taken
99 divided by 8 is 12.375
Therefore, the player’s bowling average 12.375
- Wikipedia – Bowling Average – Cricket
- Wikipedia – Run (Cricket)
- Wikipedia – Wicket (Cricket)
- Wikipedia – Cricket Statistics
- Lord’s – The Laws of Cricket
- HowStat – Cricket Statistics
- DangerMouse – Cricket Statistics and explination
- ESPN Cricinfo – Cricket Statistics
- Wikipedia – Glossary of Cricket Terms
- ESPN Cricinfo – Cricket Terms Glossary
- Wanderers Cricket Club – Cricket Terms Glossary