EOQ is the ideal order quantity for a company to purchase.
It is based on the demand for an item, the cost to order it, and the cost to carry the item in inventory.
EOQ can be used in a number areas of business analysis, including reordering stock, cash flow,
- NC State University – Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) Model: Inventory Management Models: A Tutorial – Part of a larger tutorial, this page details how to calculate the economic order quantity.
- Wikipedia – Economic Order Quantity – An overview of what EOQ is and how it is calculated. Includes some example calculations.
- Investopedia – Economic Order Quantity – EOQ – A summary of EOQ and how to calculate it.
- INC Magazine – Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) – An introduction to EOQ.
- Dummies – Cost Accounting: The Economic Order Quantity – An explanation of the EOQ formula and some glossary definitions of the parts that make it up.