Rebound Rate Calculator
What is Rebound Rate?
Rebound rate is a metric that helps gauge a player’s effectiveness of gaining possession of the ball after a missed shot. Rebound rate takes into account both offensive and defensive rebounds, while offensive rebound percentage and defensive rebound percentage only take into account rebound situations on their respective sides of the court.
How to calculate Rebound Rate
Rebound Rate is calculated as:
A player has 5 rebounds over 41 minutes, in a game where the team has 39 total rebounds and 240 total player minutes and the opposing team has 37 rebounds.
Therefore, the player’s rebound rate would be 7.70, or 7.70% of total rebounds.
- Wikipedia – Basketball Statistics
- Wikipedia – Rebound (Basketball)
- Sporting Charts – Glossary – Offensive Rebound Percentage
- Basketball Breakthrough – Why every coach should look at rebounding percentage instead of totals
- 82 Games – A study of the value of blocked shots
- B Sports – How important are rebounds?
- Court Vision – Where do rebounds go?
More Basketball Calculators
- Assist Turnover Ratio
- Defensive Rebound Percentage (DRB%)
- Effective Field Goal Percentage (eFG%)
- Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
- Free Throw Percentage (FT%)
- Game Score (GmSc)
- Offensive Rebound Percentage (ORB%)
- Pace Factor
- Performance Index Rating
- Pythagorean Win Percentage
- Rebound Rate
- Steal Percentage (STL%)
- Team Possessions
- Total Rebound Percentage
- True Shooting Percentage (TS%)