Total rebound percentage is a metric that measures the percentage of rebounds in a game attributed to a single player.
Steal Percentage is calculated as:
A player has 15 steals and 36 minutes played, on a team that has played 48 minutes and 49 total rebounds. The opposing team has had 42 rebounds in this time.
Therefore, this player’s rebound percentage would be 21.98% (21.98% of total rebounds that occurred in the game).
What is a rebound in basketball?
A rebound happens when a player makes a shot towards the net that does not go in, and the ball is obtained by another player. If it is a player on the offensive team (the team attempting to score), it is an offensive rebound, if it is a player on the defensive team (the team attempting to prevent the shooter from scoring) it is a defensive rebound.
What is game time in basketball?
Game time is the amount of time that a player or a team has played.
That session of possession ends when they lose possession of the ball – either through scoring, losing the ball, or committing a foul or game violation.
What are minutes played in basketball?
A minute played is the time that a player is on the court during active gameplay.
Team minutes are the time that the team has played. In the example on this page a 48-minute basketball game (sometimes team minutes are recorded as a total of the minutes played by each player on the team – instead of 48 minutes being recorded, 240 minutes is recorded (48-minute game x 5 players).
- Wikipedia – Basketball Statistics
- Wikipedia – Rebound (Basketball)
- Sporting Charts – Glossary – Defensive Rebound Percentage
- Basketball Breakthrough – Why every coach should look at rebounding percentage instead of totals
- 82 Games – A study of the value of blocked shots
- B Sports – How important are rebounds?
- Court Vision – Where do rebounds go?
More Basketball Calculators
- Assist Turnover Ratio
- Defensive Rebound Percentage (DRB%)
- Effective Field Goal Percentage (eFG%)
- Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
- Free Throw Percentage (FT%)
- Game Score (GmSc)
- Offensive Rebound Percentage (ORB%)
- Pace Factor
- Performance Index Rating
- Pythagorean Win Percentage
- Rebound Rate
- Steal Percentage (STL%)
- Team Possessions
- Total Rebound Percentage
- True Shooting Percentage (TS%)